My dear friend Beatrice, who lives in Seattle said she missed magpies. I made her a bag with a magpie on it for her birthday.
After I made the bag I appliqued the magpie onto it.
- black and white fabric scraps
- black, white and red sewing thread
- fusible web
- print out of design magpie
1. Trace the design onto the fusible web and cut out the pieces.
2. Iron on the pieces to your fabric.
3. Peel off the ‘tracing paper’of all the pieces except the body. Iron the pieces onto the body.
4. Peel off the ‘tracing paper’ from the body and iron onto your bag.
5. Tight zigzag stitch around the pieces. Zigzag stitch the leg and claws onto the bag. Make a french knot for the eye with red thread.